Re: crtbegin.o ??

On Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 10:11:42AM +0530, Ramakrishnan M wrote:
>       I don't know whether I can ask this question here.
>       what is crtbegin.o and which package provides it?

it's initialization code used by gcc.

You can find which package provides a file using dpkg -S
(or by downloading a contents file and grepping through it
if it turns out you don't have the file installed).

gcc is documented in info format (info gcc followed by: Control-S
"crtbegin.o" will quickly put you at some docs on this point.
Hit control-s again to search further, type something else, like
maybe control-a, to end searching.  Use space to page through,
or page up and page down.  etc.)

--
Raul