VRweb on the web

hi all,

Fabien, could you please take a look at my work? you can find everything
(including the original tarball - just in case) at:

http://swww.ee.uwa.edu.au/~harri-pc/

could I also please ask Christopher to attempt to build it on his Alpha
(mmm wish i had access ;). also if anyone has access to a platform other
than an i386 (i have that), could i get them to please check it out?

what do maintainers usually do when checking multiplatforms anyway? they
can't always be asking others to compile for them...

oh and also: why are we _still_ _only_ using i386 binaries? why don't we
compile for i686 or whatever? would it improve the performance much? and
if its because "mirrors don't have space to waste", how would one
recompile a batch of packages for the i686 architecture, just for himself?

thanks guys (i'm looking for my next package now ;)
Paul

"If you can't make it good, make it look good."
				Bill Gates, 1995