Re: Which section for wmMatrix?

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:

> On Sat, Sep 11, 1999 at 11:49:56PM +0200, Michael-John Turner wrote:
> > I've packaged wmMatrix, a WindowMaker dock app that displays The Matrix
> > (from the film of the same name). One thing I'm a little unsure about
> > is where to put it. It naturally goes in x11 as it is an X app, but
> > one could also argue for graphics as it is eye candy (like Cthugha,
> > which is in graphics). I see that wmmand, which displays the Mandelbrot
> > set in a dock app, is in games but xfractint is in graphics. Aaargh!
> >
> > Anyone got a definitive answer on this one?
>
> The Section in the control file is really just a suggestion to the
> archive maintainers -- the actual section for the package is
> determined by the override file on master, rather than the section
> in your package.

Yes, but we use the section in the control file unless we feel it's
blatantly wrong (which is, thankfully, rare).  So please do use
whatever section you want the package to end up in...

Oh, to answer the original question, I would say x11 for the sake of
consistency and because I, personally, think of graphics as display
(xloadimage) and editing programs (gimp), etc., but not
non-productivity docklets.  That's my opinion, minus my ftpmaster hat,
YMMV.

--
James