start-stop-daemon

Hi,
I'm currently working on a debian package for portsentry. Portsentry can detect portscans(including stealth scans). One can start two instances of the program, one with the -tcp option and one with -udp. Currently I'm using something like:
DAEMON="/usr/sbin/portsentry"
start-stop-daemon --start --verbose --exec $DAEMON -- -tcp
start-stop-daemon --start --verbose --exec $DAEMON -- -udp
obviously the second line fails, since there's already an instance of portsentry running. What I like to do is to check if there's already an instance of the program running with exactly the same commandline arguments. Is there a way to accomplish this using start-stop-daemon or will I have to check /proc by hand? Would be great, if someone could help me out, since I can't wait to release the package...
Cheers,
	Guido
--

PGP-Public Key: http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~guido/gunther.asc