RE: Really, Really, Really Old Bugs

There are many schools of thought on handling bugs like
these in Debian. There even has been some bug wars of
closing and reopening the same bug repeatedly, because of
these differences. So, there is no right answer, everybody
just Does The Right Thing and hopes it will be accepted.

That said, when
 - this is almost three years old
 - nobody knows if there is a bug or not
 - there is no confirmation from same or any other source
 - it could not be reproduced even once
I, personally, would close it. I've known bugs closed for less.

Also, I would not call it 'denying a problem'. A rumor or a
suspicion does not become a fact or a bug by virtue of having
an entry in BTS.

Basically it is 'use your judgement'. You are trusted to do
it in other things, and also in this.

t.aa
--
The best bugs are put where nobody tests (Hans Schaeffer)

Frankie Fisher <frankie@skunkpussy.freeserve.co.uk> Fri, Sept 10, 1999 2:54
AM