porting a package

Hello,
	I have found that a package for which I am not the maintainer
(ocaml) is not being built for i386 architecture in its latest versions (it
is ok for powerpc and alpha). I have tried to compile it for i386 and there
have been no problems, so I'm thinking about uploading it as binary-only as
it is explained in Debian Developer's Reference. Questions:

- is there any problem in doing this? Should I report it to someone, or is
it ok if I just upload ocaml_2.02-5_i386.deb as usual?

- resulting package is not totally "lintian-clean": it complains about a
lacking man page and man pages placement not being FHS compliant. Should I
patch it and report it as a bug, wait for the maintainer upload which
corrects the bug and port it then to i386 architecture, or is it better if I
solve the problem now and upload it as binary-only?

Thanks.

Fernando Sánchez - fer@debian.org