Re: packaging quesiton about programs that include an .a libs

On 26-Aug-99 Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> proj is in the same category (it has a static .a library), so if
> you off-list answers I'd like to know too.

Peter,

Actually I just found a bigger hammer....figured out how
to include them.  Now I am not sure if by doing this, it
violates the packaging guidelines.....

Anyway, you need to define the directories (ie usr/lib and
usr/include) in debian/files.  you might want to look at:
http://master.debian.org/~jwest/barcode/  as it now
installs the executable, the .a and the .h .

---
Jim Westveer <jwest@netnw.com>
I get to work, flip the excuse page over:
    "Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit
                     and the recipient who doesn't get it"
Fair enough, looks like it's gointo be a good day.
E-Mail: Jim Westveer <jwest@netnw.com>
phone   425-392-0141
fax     425-557-0660                  Date: 26-Aug-99
URL     lcs.issaquah.wa.us            Time: 12:35:31
Key fingerprint = DC 49 E8 7E 76 DD 30 2D 8D F1 B4 D8 A3 60 4C 04