Re: DEVELOPING FOR DEBIAN

On Wed, Jul 28, 1999 at 06:28:21PM +0000, Steven V. Russo wrote:
> I wonder if anyone can tell me why no one has responded to me from
> new-maintainer@debian.org?  I submitted my application months ago, and
> sent two follow up applications.  I believe I followed their procedure
> as closely as possible... How can I get a response from them?!  I am
> really eager to develop for Debian!

the people who process those applications are volunteers.  Fromw hat I
understand, you're going to concentrate much of their time to whacking at
some of the existing bugs that are preventing the next release... that, of
course, means application processing has slowed noticably.  It's possible
that your application could be moved up the queue by adopting existing
packages with problems and straightening them out...