Re: how to name a prerelease package

Good questions.

The upstream pre-release is beta-quality, "not ready to
release, but it's usable" according to the upstream
author (words to that effect).

So I don't want to replace the current ispell with it,
until it has been released, but do want to package it and
make it available to users who want to try it (and help
test/debug it).

Maybe a private site is the answer, if cluttering the
ftp space is a concern.