Re: Package in wrong section

Le Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 01:14:41PM -0400, Benjamin Gray Darnell écrivait:
> I have a package (pose - PalmOS emulator) that should be in contrib, but
> I just noticed that it is currently in main.  Is there a line I should add
> to the control file to make this change, or should I email the archive
> maintainer to have it moved?

Change your section field in the control file to something like
that :
contrib/<section>

Everything is explained in the developers-reference documentattion. Read
it !

-----
Sometimes a package will change either its section or its subsection. For
instance, a package from the `non-free' section might be GPL'd in a later
version; in this case you should consider moving it to `main' or `contrib'
(see the Debian Policy Manual for guidelines).

In this case, it is sufficient to edit the package control information
normally and re-upload the package (see the Debian Packaging Manual for
details).  Carefully examine the installation log sent to you when the
package is installed into the archive. If for some reason the old location
of the package remains, file a bug against ftp.debian.org asking that the
old location be removed. Give details on what you did, since it might be a
dinstall bug.
-----

Cheers,
--