Re: upstream author == debian maintainer

On Fri, Jul 23, 1999 at 09:32:08PM +0200, Radovan Garabik wrote:

> 1) I am the author of program I am packaging. To save myself
> some work, I have packaged it as a native debian package. Is this
> allowed? (There was some discussion about it a long time ago,
> and it seemed possible to do so)

IANAD [I am not a developer] but it looks to me that if the program is
useful for the general public (not only Debian users) it's better to
not make it a native debian package -- what if someone else takes
maintenance of it when you don't have time anymore; will it need to be
converted?

--
Alex Shnitman                            | http://www.debian.org
alexsh@hectic.net, alexsh@linux.org.il   +-----------------------