bts auto-forward to upstream?

Hi again,

I'm taking over the ispell package (well, will after my developer application has been approved).  [Side note to Iosip: Steve Lamb did also express interest in that package, thanks for alerting me; but he told me last night that I should take it, he didn't really want it.]

The upstream author/maintainer has asked me to automatically forward him all the new bugs that get submitted to bts -- he doesn't want to wait for me to filter them.  (I'm sure he won't have problems recognizing any packaging-specific bugs as not his problem.)

Since I'm not yet the official maintainer, can I make that happen anyway?  If not, I guess I'll "auto-forward" them manually until I am.  Also, how can I change a bug's status from "normal" to "normal-forwarded upstream"?  Where do I read about how to do those sorts of things?

Thanks.