Guidance while adopting freeamp package

I have spoken with the old maintainer, and am adopting the freeamp
package.  I have downloaded the old source from ftp.debian.org and
have created a newer package based on more recent upstream sources.
However, I have a number of questions about how I have done things
that I am unsure of.  Is it appropriate to ask all of them on this
list, or would someone be willing to help me via private email?
Thanks in advance.

--
Ian Peters  | GnuPG Key ID 5C23D20C    | "He that breaks a thing to find out
itp@gnu.org | E584 2558 FAC3 BEAB EFAC |  what it is has left the path of