Re: rc.boot

Hamish Moffatt writes:
> rc.boot was replaced by rcS.d.

I wish I could find out where this is documented.  The nearest thing I can
find is this line in /etc/init.d/rcS:

  #    For compatibility, run the files in /etc/rc.boot too.

> Julian was almost right; you should put the script in /etc/init.d, but
> not link it with update-rc.d like every other, only to rcS.d.

Actually, it looks to me as if update-rc.d could do it with the right
arguments.
john@dhh.gt.org            Do with it what you will.