Re: Upgrading to a new upstream maintainer version

On Wed, Jun 23, 1999 at 12:53:30AM +0200, Christian Hammers wrote:
> On Tue, 22.06.99 13:55 +0200, Sami Dalouche wrote:
> > I've already packaged a deb of epkg but there's a new upstream maintainer
> > version.
> > Must I remake entirely the package or I have just to do anything that will
> > keep the changelog... ?
> * unpack the new upstream version

  Or use uupdate and let this program do all the work while you relax in you
  chair watching your computer doing all the labour instead of you ;-)

dpkg --print-avail devscripts

Package: devscripts
  [snip snip]
      will need transferring
  - uupdate: Integrate upstream changes into a source package
  - uscan: Scan upstream sites for new releases of packages
  [snip snip]

B. Warmerdam                                              GNU/Debian Linux
bartw@xs4all.nl, bartw@debian.org (Keyid: 10A0FDD1)       ----------------