Re: Upgrading to a new upstream maintainer version

On Wed, Jun 23, 1999 at 12:53:30AM +0200, Christian Hammers wrote:
> On Tue, 22.06.99 13:55 +0200, Sami Dalouche wrote:
> > I've already packaged a deb of epkg but there's a new upstream maintainer
> > version.
> > Must I remake entirely the package or I have just to do anything that will
> > keep the changelog... ?
>
> * unpack the new upstream version

  [snip]

  Or use uupdate and let this program do all the work while you relax in you
  chair watching your computer doing all the labour instead of you ;-)

  Cheers,

  B.

dpkg --print-avail devscripts

Package: devscripts
  [snip snip]
      will need transferring
  - uupdate: Integrate upstream changes into a source package
  - uscan: Scan upstream sites for new releases of packages
  [snip snip]

--
B. Warmerdam                                              GNU/Debian Linux
bartw@xs4all.nl, bartw@debian.org (Keyid: 10A0FDD1)       ----------------