Re: Strange permissions problem.

On Thu, Jun 17, 1999 at 11:44:58PM +0100, John Travers wrote:
> I am in the process of making a package. Once installed, the program runs fine
> when in super user mode, but doesn't run under sudo (with full permision) or a
> normal user. All of the executable permisions are fine. (Actually, the program
> runs, but segfaults after a few seconds). I think this maybe due to the program
> maybe the program tries to open the data read/write, (shouldn't fully
> privalidged sudo be able to do this).

Does the program alter any of the files? Check the time stamp of the
file before and after you run it as root.

Otherwise, I would suspect the problem may be elsewhere. eg [1]

if (environment(LOGNAME)!=root) crash();

;-)

(I am not sure if sudo resets environment variables for root or not
as I don't use it).

[1] Not really C but you should get the idea...
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>