Re: New developer (some day)

> Hi Mentors,
>
> I've applied to become a developer, but I read that the backlog is
> rather long, so I have a couple of questions.
>
> I've successfully (I think!) packaged a small utility -- gpart -- and am
> considering doing one or two more complicated ones to help get me up to
> speed.

Have you run lintian on it?

> Would it be appropriate to put up and announce a web site with my .debs
> (and a Packages file?)?  Is there such a place already for
> developers-in-waiting?  Or is it approprate to ask an existing developer
> to upload them for me?  Or is it best to "keep my pants on" until I
> become a sanctioned developer?

Yes, it's appropriate. It's been done for ages. I've done it myself.
There's no reserved space for such packages.

If you ask the existing developer to put his name on your package
temporarely until you adopt it. I think that would be fine. Note that,
he/she should receive bug reports and be the official maintainers until
then.

> And am I asking this in the right place, or should I ask in -developers?

Right place. IMO

Regards,

E.