Library packages, libtool and automake.

Hi.  I've been trying to Debianize a library I've written, which
uses autoconf, automake, and libtool to compile the shared library.  When I
try to do it the straightforward way, debian/rules dies with the following:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/staff/jamesjb/Devel/accounting/libaccounting-0.1/shared'
/bin/sh ./libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I.     -O2 -fPIC -pipe -c ../int-string-map.c
./libtool: ./libtool: No such file or directory

It then proceeds to do the same thing for `static'.

Is there an easy way to do this, with libtool or does it require elaborate
hacking of debian/rules?  I did edit the Makefile.in to replace ./libtool with
$(srcdir)/libtool, but it seems that will not be enough.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Thanks -
- James

--