Re: Optional cryptography

On Sat, May 29, 1999 at 02:30:16PM +0100, Chris Butler wrote:
> A program I'm currently thinking of packaging (nessus, a network
> administration tool similar to SATAN)

You shouldn't :) Javier Pena and me are already interested in it,
and we almost have the package ready. It is possible that Javier's
package is already accepted in the archive by now...

> has optional support for
> cryptography which would put the client and server programs into
> non-US.
>
> However, since this support is optional, should I also provide a
> non-crypto enabled version for main?
>
> AIUI, this would mean that I have to create a seperate source package
> that contains no crypto hooks at all, instead of just creating two
> binaries with and without the cryptography enabled.
>
> So my question is, should I provide a non-crypto enabled version, and
> if so, do I need to have seperate source packages?

Two sources are definitely needed, however, I don't know whether we
actually need to change the US one to exclude anything crypto related.
I'm CC:ing also our -legal team, which should know what to do.