Re: Recompiling a single arch package

On Fri, 7 May 1999, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> Now it occurs to me that if I rebuild my package and bump up the
> debian version number, then other archs will need to rebuild too
> even thought I have not changed a thing in source.
> Is that the proper thing to do?

Yes.  If you need to recompile for potato, then most likely, the rest of
the archs might also.   Speaking from the Alpha world, I know that I
usually don't update a package unless I either use it personally or until
the maintainer is ready for the jump (since there are some glibc 2.1
issues on many of the archs).

In short, go ahead and upload the new version.  Most likely, most archs
have dbuild installed and very few actually have to manually compile
anyway....