Re: aptsearch program? anyone interested?

On Sun, May 02, 1999 at 06:41:03PM -0500, Preston Landers wrote:
> 1/ Can do a full information search
>         This would let you search for a specific maintainer's
> packages, for instance.  Or "show me all packages that depend on
> package foo."  (You'd do this by using "Depends.*foo" as the
> arguement.)

You can do that with apt-cache too...  Can you limit it further to show
me reverse depends (or optionally reverse all relationships) on a package
if they are installed?  =>

I'm hoping the more advanced features of an eventual apt front end for
the console might allow such exotic and practical searches...

<MrCurious> by the power of greyskull
<MrCurious> someone tell me the ban to place
<Sopwith> mrcurious: *.debian.org, *.novare.net
<philX> *.debian.org.  that's awesome.
        -- Seen on LinuxNet #linux