Re: coding...

On 30-Apr-1999 09:18:26, shaleh@clifford.livenet.net wrote:

> W. Richard Stevens.  His books are king.

Agreed. In particular, "Advanced Programming in the Unix Environment" is
a great all round Unix/Posix programming book. Lots of examples - both
right and wrong, clear explanations, great index. The only downside is
that it's a bit pricey -- maybe $70 US (for a fairly thick hardbound
book). Worth every penny for me, might be a bit of reach for a hobby
kind of thing.

Steve

--
The Mole - I think, therefore I scream

				"Taking drugs in the 60s, I tried to reach
				 Nirvana, But all I ever got were re-runs of
				 The Mickey Mouse Club."
						-Rev. Jim