local script in /usr/lib/cgi-bin/ ?

Hello all,

I want to place a script in /usr/lib/cgi-bin/ for my mh-book
package.  The mh-book package is the on-line version of a popular
O'Reilly book and the HTML pages have a search engine link.
I want to make this search engine local.  Is there a problem with
simply putting a scipt called `mh-book-local' in
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/ and `Suggests: httpd' in the package?  (The
package is functional without httpd except for the search engine
link, so I don't want to Depend on httpd).

Note that the scripts returns links like:

 file:/usr/doc/mh-book/html/mh/morabo.html.gz

because the book files reside in /usr/doc/mh-nook rather than
under an HTTPD directory.  As such, the script output won't be
useful when called from outside the localhost (I presume that
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/ are usually accessible from the outside).

Comments?

Thanks,
Peter Galbraith <psg@debian.org>