Re: Becoming a new Developer

Hi,
On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Chris McKillop wrote:

> Hello all...
>
> 	Well, I am finally getting around to applying to become a
> developer so I can help out Jim on the ARM port.  How long does it
> usually take for the developer application to be processed?  I have
> heard depressing comments on irc of over 10 months.  Can anyone
> confirm/deny this for me?   Thanks.
Depends very much on the workload the "new-maintainer" maintainers have, but
they are doing their very best.
But I think if you want to help out with a non-i386 port, it might go very
fast, I think my application took less than two weeks.
YMMV, just do as described in the new maintainer docs, apply and wait
patiently.

Ciao,
Christian.