Re: A package depends on a library built from the same source... how?

On Sat, Apr 10, 1999 at 09:33:04PM -0600, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>         I've been bitten by this multiple times, and everytime I think
>  I've got it right, I find myself fixing it again.  Package foo and
>  package libbar2 both come from source package foo.  foo depends on
>  libbar2... how do I get it right the first time?  Is there any
>  example _known_ to work.  Basically the problem I have is with the
>  shlibs.local file, it looks like it's not read at all.  It reads:
>
>      libbar 2 libbar2
>
>  I use:
>
>    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd`/debian/tmp/libbar2/usr/lib dpkg-shlibdeps
>
>  but I can't get it to pick the right dependency of foo on libbar2
>  unless I install libbar2...

dpkg-shlibdeps looks in /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.shlibs; if the
library package has just been built from the same upstream source,
it will either see the old version, or nothing at all. Here's what I've
been using:

       dh_makeshlibs -V
       dh_shlibdeps -u -Ldebian/libgeda2/DEBIAN/shlibs

libgeda2 is the library package, built from the same source as geda, which
is the general binaries package. The doco for dpkg-shlibdeps says that
you should only use -L as a temporary measure, but since there doesn't seem
to be another way ..

You might still need the LD_LIBRARY_PATH if the library depends on any
other non-default libraries.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3TYD.