Re: Conventions for library naming

Marco Kuhlmann wrote:
> Mitch Blevins wrote (1999-02-17, 16:08):
>
> > > I found out that the script checks for libgmp2.so, while the
> >                                          ^^^^^^^^^^
> > Are you sure you don't mean that the script is checking for libgmp.so?
> > This is the problem I ran into when I looked at packaging it.
>
> You are right concerning the name. But: Am I understanding you
> right that you already have packaged Mozart-Oz for Debian? In
> that case, there would not much work left for me to do?

I'll be happy to clean up what I have and send it to you.
I was packaging it for local use, as I really don't want to be
responsible for the bug reports on that one.

Give me til the weekend.

> > Of course you can set up local symlinks, but that is not the answer.
> > I grepped my heart out but could not figure out how to modify their
> > configure script to look for libgmp2.so instead of libgmp.so.
>
> Aah! I got it! It is quite simple: you just have to replace all
> calls of -lgmp by -lgmp2 in platform/emulator/configure. That
> does the job. I think I shall write a mail to the Mozart team
> and ask them to change the script.

If they don't respond, it might be nice if you did this from a sed
command in the debian/rules file.  Not touching the original source
and keeping all your stuff in the debian directory makes it much easier
to keep up with changes in the upstream source.

-Mitch