Re: pgp problem for package signing

On Sat, Jan 30, 1999 at 03:16:19PM +0000, John Travers wrote:

>   I have sent my application to become a maintainer off with a pgp user id of
>   'John C. Travers' I didn't want to include an e-mail address as this woul
>   surely change during my time at debian, however when packaging the
>   dpkg-buildpackage script expects 'John Travers <travs@netscape.net>' and
>   chucks out an error message... how do I get around this?

I don't know of specific solution for this, but it seems to me
that it would be better for you to add this (and other) email
addresses to your pgp signature, IIRC it is pgp -ka.

And then of course, send the new public key to keyring-maint@debian.org
so that your changes work with dinstall (archive maintenance tool)
and stuff like that.