Re: off topic/learning C

ktb <ktb@binary.net> writes:

> I posted to the Debian user's group the other day and asked for
> advice on which computer language to learn in order to program for
> Linux.  The language I chose was C.

Debian-mentors isn't the right list for this either.

Are you *sure* you want to learn C?  Why not take Eric Raymond's
advice at <URL:http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html> and
learn Python?  It's an easier language, the newsgroup
"comp.lang.python" isn't very busy, and it's useful on Mac on Win32
*spit* too.

To get started, install all of the packages starting with "python-" in
Debian, and Emacs or XEmacs with the Python mode.

"The risk of U.S. national security resting in the hands of adults who play
with children's toys during office hours is left as an exercise to the reader."
                                                       - Bruce Martin in RISKS