Re: Lintian error: executable-in-usr-doc

On Sat, 16 Jan 1999, Joey Hess wrote:

> Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> > After making my mh-book package, I got a lintian _warning_ that
> > scripts in /usr/doc were executable.  I checked the upstream
> > tar.gz and the scripts were, in fact, set executable.
> >
> > So I changed my rules file to do just that, and now I get a
> > lintian _error_, such as:
> >
> > E: mh-book: executable-in-usr-doc
> >   usr/doc/mh-book/html/download/split/mh/bin/incs 0755
> >
> > So, can I let these example scripts be executable, or not?
>
> Examples should go in /usr/doc/<package>examples/ . Lintian will not
> complain about executables in that directory.

I don't see a good reason why they could not be put directly in
/usr/doc/<package> in case there are only a few of them.

If allowing this requires to change policy, then I think we should change
policy.

--
 "c3075c5a4a16381a02ee76d0695003f9" (a truly random sig)