Re: Doing a equivs rewrite, question to copyright and apt

On Sun, Jan 03, 1999 at 04:42:20PM +0100, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Martin,

> I am doing a rewrite of the equivs package, and have two questions.
>
> The package itself is GPLed, and I want to include some code from
> other GPLed packages (mainly the doc-base parser). Now I want to give
> the doc-base authors proper credit.
>
> What is the best way to do so? Include an entry in the copyright file,
> in the source, somewhere else?

I would include a notice in the source and in the copyright/README-file. If
there is a manpage and the imported code makes up some important parts of the
program I would also mention it in the AUTHORS section of the manpage.

> To give proper advice when to use what field: does apt-get
> automatically load packages in Recommends like it does for Depends ?
> It doesn't do this for SUggests I assume.

AFAIK it does not download recommended packages.

> Ciao,
> 	Martin

cu
    Torsten