Re: question on interaction between net-base and replacement daemons

-> I am preparing to package oidentd, a replace for the default identd.  The app
-> will package nicely because it is well written.  My question is: how do I cope
-> w/ the existing identd?  I expect that users installing this would prefer it
-> over identd.  Is simply placing a call to update-inetd enough?  First remove
-> the existing identd and replace it w/ oidentd?  I can not use alternatives
-> because oidentd's behavior depends on command line options.

1. i don;t think you should remove old identd;
2. what advantages does oidentd give ?
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at NETLAB+ Kosice, Slovakia
 BIC coord for *.sk; admin of netlab.irc.sk; co-admin of irc.felk.cvut.cz