Re: TCPQuota Depends:

>>>>> On 29 Aug 1998 13:48:32 -0700, Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@tripnet.se> said:

 Turbo> [1 <text/plain; US-ASCII (7bit)>] I have this line:

 Turbo> Depends: perl, libdbi-perl, libnet-perl, libdbd-mysql-perl |
 Turbo> libdbd-msql-perl, libdbd-mysql-perl | msql, mysql-base |
 Turbo> libdbd-msql-perl, mysql-base | msql

 Turbo> That does not seem to work, it installed even though
 Turbo> libdbi-{msql,mysql}-perl was not installed...

 Turbo> To clarify what it should depend on:

 Turbo>   perl libdbi-perl libnet-perl libdbd-mysql-perl OR
 Turbo>   libdbd-msql-perl mysql-base OR msql

 Turbo> (and if we have 'libdbd-mysql-perl', we also MUST have
 Turbo> 'mysql-base', and
 Turbo>  if we have 'libdbd-msql-perl', we MUST have 'msql').

Well looking at the dependencies of libdbd-mysql-perl it depends on
mysql-base, so it will be installed if libdbd-mysql-perl is installed
(assuming no funny business from the machine's operator).

Does your package actually depend on mysql-base or msql?  Or does it
just want libdbd-* to have what it needs?  If the later I'd say just
remove the depends lines and just have libdbd-my* | libdbd-ms*.  If
the former this looks like it should work.  (But I guess it doesn't.
hmmmm) (Maybe the depends parser in dselect got confused)

I assume the line you sent you your email was formatted differently
(i.e. space at the begining or all one long line).

What I'd do is just depend on perl, libdbi-perl, libnet-perl,
libdbd-mysql-perl | libdbd-msql-perl, mysql-base | msql and depend on
the libdbd* packages making sure they have what they need installed.

Dres
--
@James LewisMoss <dres@ioa.com>         |  Blessed Be!
@    http://www.ioa.com/~dres           |  Linux is kewl!