Re: Questions about packaging a python script

Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> writes:
> Perhaps this should all be written down somewhere and become the
> Python Subpolicy?  We already have such subpolicies for emacs and
> menu files and probably some that I forgot.  It could be distributed
> in the python package and referenced from debian-policy.

Actually, there is a sort of "python subpolicy" already, outlined in
/usr/doc/python/README.Debian.gz, but it isn't really formalized.
(Luckily, it's straightforward enough that it won't be hard to change
existing packages as the policy evolves.)

There is also a mailing list, debian-python, which is supposed to be
used for discussion of future Python policy, eg. the transition to
FHS, but it hasn't actually gotten any traffic yet.  If you're
interested in the topic, feel free to subscribe and help out.

--Rob

--
Rob Tillotson  N9MTB  <rob@io.com>