libc5 Compatibility Libraries

I have a question relating to the compatibility libs, and ld
configuration.

I have been VERY pleased with the libc5 compatibility in Hamm!

Unfortunately, I have custody of two RedHat 5.x boxes, which cannot be
migrated in the forseable future.

I would like to copy the directories

/lib/libc5-compat
/usr/lib/libc5-compat

To the RedHat boxes, add the appropriate entries to /etc/ld.so.conf,
and re-run ldconfig.

Will this work?

Is there something I am missing here, that has been "cooked-up" to
maintain parallel libc5/Glibc2 configurations and load-order?

Thanks!

==
Jeremiah Cornelius
"Been there, done that, and have the T-shirt."