Re: TCPQuota: postinst, postrm and Depends

On 11 Aug 1998, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

> Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > On 10 Aug 1998, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> >
> > > I have the line 'Depends: libdbi-perl, msql | mysql' in my control file,
> > > but I'm currently using the 'msql' binary to create and check the database.
> > >
> > > How do I know if mysql OR msql is installed from the postinst and postrm
> > > script?
> >
> > I would suggest you depend on 'libdbd-mysql-perl | libdbd-msql-perl'.
> >
> > There is a DBI function to list all available data sources - I suggest you
> > usde this, and then ask the user where they would like the data stored
> > (given that both dbs might be installed)
>
> No can do... I'm using the _binary_ 'msql' OR 'mysql' to create the databases
> etc...

Why?  I thought there was a perl interface for this..

> I could however depend on 'libdbd-mysql-perl | libdbd-msql-perl, msql | mysql'
> or perhaps '(libdbd-mysql-perl, mysql) | (libdbd-msql-perl, msql)'... Can one
> write it like that?

According to my copy of the packaging manual, the former is legal, the
latter isn't.

In any case, since the libdbd packages depend on the appropriate database
packages, I'm not sure that this is necessary.

Jules