Re: the dists/stable-updates directory

Daniel Martin at cush wrote:
> My question is now: is the stuff in stable-updates ever going to be
> integrated into the stable distribution?  If so, what's the timescale
> on that?  Also, are those in charge of the official CD images going to
> be putting the stuff in stable-updates into the directories on the CD?
> I'm expecting a series of reports like this when the CDs finally begin
> to ship...

Normally they're included and will build Debian GNU/Linux 2.0r2.

I don't know when and I don't know who is responsible for it, I guess
it's Christian Hudon.  If not, it's Brian White.  If not it's Guy Maor.
If not it's dark.

> Failing that, is there a way to point apt at a directory that just
> contains a bunch of .deb files?  I'd like to be able to tell people
> that they can get the latest stable stuff just by adding a particular
> line to /etc/apt/sources.list, but the sources.list manpage only
> describes the "deb" type, which can't cope with a completely flattened
> directory sturcture like that.

I'd say, request that a Packages file will be generated for this very
directory.

Regards,

	Joey

--
VFS: no free i-nodes, contact Linus  -- finlandia, Feb '94