Re: debstd trouble with multi-binary package

On Mon, Jul 06, 1998 at 03:51:47PM -0400, Shaleh wrote:
> depricated means that the item is accepted for now(mostly for
> compatibility), but is expected to eventually disappear.  The use of
> libc5 is deprecated, everything is moving onto libc6.  We no longer ship
> a version of libc4.  Hope that helps.

Lack of libc4 is due to nobody uploading it, rather than a design decision;
it is still deprecated. (I tried to build it but it would not build,
problems with the dlltools commands; I did do the conversion to new source
format but don't know if it worked because the upstream source doesn't
build anyway. Perhaps I will try again for slink.)

Hamish