Re: my first package... loads of questions :)

On Fri, May 22, 1998 at 11:27:21AM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Martin Schulze wrote:
> > the maintainer.  Well, there's just right another, using debhelper
> > partially prevents the package from being compiled on other
> > architectures.[1]
> >
> > [1] We had this problem with binary-sparc where no new perl package
> >     existed so all packages using debhelper couldn't be re-packaged
> >     for the Sparc archtitecture.
>
> Woah, woah, woah.. if perl is broken and won't build on the target arch,
> that is hardly debhelper's fault. Debhelper depends on a version of perl
> that has been available for debian (i386) since May _1997_.

Sorry if you got me wrong.  I didn't meant it's debhelpers fault,
just depending on too many tools makes everything difficult.  Just
think about the dpkg situation.

I know that the debhelper makes maintanance for many packages and
maintainers easier - not for me though.

Regards,

	Joey

 /                                     http://home.pages.de/~joey/
/  Never trust an operating system you don't have source for!   /