Re: Uploaded guile-doc 1998.04.14-1 (source all) to master

    Dirk> Just wondering whether you checked in all the Policy et al
    Dirk> documents whether 1998.04.14 is preferred over 19980414. I
    Dirk> just did a new xgobi-19980413 yesterday. Do we have a
    Dirk> standard for these things ? If not, should we ?

 According to:

<URL:http://localhost/doc/packaging-manual/packaging.html/ch-versions.html>

 ... it's a legal version number.  I find it easier to read an ISO
8601 date encoded release number with the dots in it than one without
them, so I use the dot breaks.  It's an aesthetic thing.  The most
signifigant portion of the number is read first, reading it from left
to right, regardless of whether there are dots in the number to break
it up visually.

 If we enstate a standard, I vote for putting the dot breaks in for
readablity.  It's more `apt' to look pleasing.

--
mailto:karlheg@inetarena.com (Karl M. Hegbloom)
http://www.inetarena.com/~karlheg