lintian: mktemp and general use

[I'm not subscribed to debian-mentors, so please CC: any replies to me.]

Turbo Fredriksson told me that there was some confusion about the Lintian
possibly-insecure-handling-of-tmp-files-in-maintainer-script tag in
connection with mktemp: Statements like

      TMPFILE=`mktemp /tmp/$0.XXXXXX` || exit 1

(taken from mktemp's manual page) produced a warning. Obviously, this was
a bug in Lintian and has been fixed with version 0.4.0.

Please note, that Lintian will not be included in "hamm". Please install
the newest version out of "slink". (The version in hamm, 0.3.4, is
outdated and will be removed soon.)

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about Lintian
or if you've found a bug.

Thanks,

Chris

--                  Christian Schwarz
                     schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com,
Debian has a logo!    schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

Check out the logo     PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
pages at  http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/debian-logo/