Re: waiting time in incoming queue

On Tue, Apr 14, 1998 at 01:04:31AM +0200, Christian Hammers wrote:

> How long do programs (normally) have to wait in the Incoming queue ?

Depends on the packages and distribution

Known package
	==> one day

Unknown package
	==> several days

Known package
	==> some days, investigated daily

Unknown package
	==> several days

	==> forever

Known package
	==> one day

Known package
	==> several weeks, up to months :((

> Are Joey & co. just too busy or are there other problems why the kde*
> programs are starving there =;-)

I'm happy to state that this time it's not me. :-)

NEW packages need special attention as the override files need to be
maintained manually.

For unstable packages the archive maintainer is Guy Maor <maor@debian.org>,
for frozen packages this would be Brian White <bcwhite@debian.org>.

> It's not that the waiting bothers me - it's just... the Incoming queue
> of master.debian.org is AFAIK not mirrored and because I like to have some
> of the latest libs to compile my own things I have to download from master.
> And thats a hell of waiting - at least from Germany...

It is mirrored.  In Germany you'll find it at least at
ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/pub/debian/Incoming/
ftp://ftp.infodrom.north.de/pub/debian/Incoming/

Regards,

	Joey

PS: I can fully understand that it's annoying that some packages are
hosed in the Incoming directory.

 /           Experience is a useful thing.  Unfortunately it is  /
/             only acquired just after one could have used it.  /