TEI-lite copyright -- no modifications

Ok, here's another one for you DFSG gurus.  This one should be easy:

<!--  Text Encoding Initiative: Guidelines for Electronic      -->
<!--  Text Encoding and Interchange. Document TEI P3, 1994.    -->
<!--  Copyright (c) 1994 ACH, ACL, ALLC. Permission to copy    -->
<!--  in any form is granted, provided this notice is          -->
<!--  included in all copies.                                  -->
<!--  These materials may not be altered; modifications to     -->
<!--  these DTDs should be performed as specified in the       -->
<!--  Guidelines in chapter "Modifying the TEI DTD."           -->
<!--  These materials subject to revision. Current versions    -->
<!--  are available from the Text Encoding Initiative.         -->

According to my reading of this rather skimpy license, this package is
free to distribute, but non-free in so far as it violates point 4 of
the DFSG.  It's not utterly clear to mean in DFSG#4 talks about
building/compiling, whereas this is merely a DTD that the TEI doesn't
want to see a lot of spin-offs with.  Still, it seems clear that this
license is in violation.

So am I right in saying "contrib" is the place, so long as I ensure
that the package does not touch the DTDs?