Re: closing old bugs

On Thu, 9 Apr 1998, Damjan Marion wrote:

>   Can someone tell me what I must do to close old bugs, after
> uploading new upstream version. I am a new maintainer of that
> package.

To close bug#nnnnn:

email to control@bugs.debian.org
in the body : close nnnnn

or

email to nnnnn-done@bugs.debian.org

If you choose the second solution, you can use the body of your email to
explain why the bug was closed.

Do not forget to explain to people who reported these bugs why it has been
closed if it's not obvious (if you choose the first solution).

Regards,

Hugo

--
Hugo Haas         <Hugo.Haas@via.ecp.fr>     <http://www.via.ecp.fr/~hugo/>
PGP2 key id 0x8a5af90d, fingerprint 45AB 8D24 B3E4 C9DD E85C 25C8 DB0B BFA3