Re: Conffiles with two binary packages

On Sun, Apr 05, 1998 at 04:05:11PM -0400, Bob Hilliard wrote:
> Hi,
>      I am preparing my first package, dictd, which consists of
> client/server software for getting definitions from dictionaries.  I
> plan to make separate binary packages for the client and server, so
> there will be one source package, but two binary packages.  One binary
> package has two config files and the other has one.
>
>      I would like to have dpkg handle these as confiles.  What is the
> proper way to set up debian/conffiles to handle this?

debian/conffile.binary1
	/etc/dict/conf1
	/etc/dict/conf2

debian/conffile.binary2
	/etc/dict/conf3

And debian/rules put's them in the correct place like

	install -m 644 -o root -g root debian/conffile.binary1 debian/tmp/DEBIAN/conffiles
	install -m 644 -o root -g root debian/conffile.binary2 debian/binary2/DEBIAN/conffiles

Regards,

	Joey

 /                                     http://home.pages.de/~joey/
/  Never trust an operating system you don't have source for!   /