Re: Debian 2.0 alpha and beta testing

On Wed, 1 Apr 1998, Nemo wrote:
> Can someone tell me how the situration about the codefreeze for Debian
> 2.0, the libc6 system. Are it availibly for testing? Have been been ofline
> for some weeks, and have no possibility to catching up in my mail folders,
> so I'm sorry if this diskussion have been up on tha list resently.

Try ftp.debian.org:/debian/dists/frozen , where hamm has been moved (from
/debian/dists/unstable). All debian distributions, IIRC, are publically
available at the unstable stage and onwards, so there are always 2
distributions around (stable and unstable/frozen) to pick from.

I've been using hamm for a while (both to convert to libc6 early, and to
take advantage of the greater number of packages in the unstable
distribution) and it's quite stable. Despite the name. :)

m.

--
   mpa@squawk.klue.on.ca  Life is like a bad margarita with good tequila,
http://squawk.klue.on.ca  I thought, as I poured whiskey onto my granola