[PGP] Q about building signed packages

I have finally managed to get 'build' properly building my package.  I
notice that at the end of the run where pgp is invoked to sign the package I
get the following error -

Key matching userid 'Sudhakar Chandrasekharan <thaths@netscape.com>' not
found in file '/u/thaths/.pgp/secring.pgp'.
Signature error

For a usage summary, type:  pgp -h
For more detailed help, consult the PGP User's Guide.

I tried -

% pgp -kv thaths ~/.pgp/secring.pgp
Type Bits/KeyID    Date       User ID
sec  1024/9B7FE6BD 1998/03/25 Sudhakar Chandrasekharan <thaths@netscape.com>
1 matching key found.

What is happening?  How do I get around this?
--
  "If a gun can protect something as important as a bar, it is good
         enough to protect my family." -- Homer J. Simpson