Re: Package rejected due to missing source entry, (help)

On Sat, Mar 21, 1998 at 12:16:30AM +0100, Stig Sandbeck Mathisen wrote:
> Martin Schulze <joey@kuolema.Infodrom.North.DE> writes:
>
> >> Problem is: there is no source, just some scripts to maintain the
> >> databases, two rulesets for sendmail and documentation.  My
> >> additions are manpages, a script to automate the job of updating
> >> the databases, and a quick-start-guide.
> >
> > You have a directory with the scripts and a subdirectory called
> > debian with the control files, right?
>
> No, not really.  I made the DEBIAN with contents by hand.  It'll
> probably be easier to use the debian tools, though.

I'm shocked.  IMHO such packages should never exist on our archives.

Please read the Packaging Manual,
http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/packaging.html/
and please take a look at the hello package as an example
for packaging.

Regards,

	Joey

 /              Whenever you meet yourself you're in a time loop /
/ http://home.pages.de/~joey/           or in front of a mirror /