Re: 2nd call for help

Zed Pobre <zed@moebius.interdestination.com> writes:

> > [ This is definitely not appropriate for debian-private ]
>
> Could you explain to me what debian-private is, then?

A closed mailing list which only developers are subscribed to; it's
supposed only to be used for politically or technically sensitive
discussions.  Anything sent there should be treated as sensitive and
not to be spread to other lists; thus cross-posting between it and an
open list kind of defeats the object of the exercise.

> > How did you generate this .changes file?  It's hosed.  Also it
> > needs to be PGP signed before dinstall will even consider it.
>
> By hand, from the descriptions in the policy manual, developers
> reference and packaging manual.

Well this is your problem; there is almost no reason to create a
changes file by hand.  I suggest you look at `dpkg-buildpackage'(1)
and `dpkg-genchanges'(1); if for some reason you don't want to use
dpkg-buildpackage, you should at the very least use dpkg-genchanges to
produce the .changes file.

> Dinstall didn't complain about the lack of a signature and the
> manuals gave me to believe that the signature was required for the
> posting to the mailing list and the uploads to Chiark/Erlangen, but
> not for Master.

dintstall would complain if it recognized your home-brewed .changes
imitation, trust me.  Perhaps the documentation is out of date, I
don't know, but unsigned uploads to master _are_ rejected.  (Been
there, done that)

--
James