Re: Deciding on a section

You misunderstood. Mirrordir would not belong in net because it has
nothing to do with net, it mirrors one DIRECTORY to another. You can use
exclude statements like mirror does to selectively mirror only a portion
of a DIRECTORY which is what I use it for.  Sunsite has it in the
.../system/backup section of the FTP site so I am going to slip it into
admin for my local build.

mirror mirrors ftp sites over the net, mirrordir mirrors directories
on the local filesystem keeping the access times and ownerships unchanged
and alowing you to make a config file specifying the files to be
mirrored.

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998 fpolacco@icenet.fi wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 08, 1998 at 03:05:54PM -0800, George Bonser wrote:
> >
> > I built a debian package of mirrordir.  It works much like mirror that is
> >
> > In the making of the control file for the package, I am trying to decide
> > which section to place it in.  The candidates would be admin, misc, and
> > utils.  Is there a rule of thumb?
> >

> look at similar packages:
> mirror is in net
> lftp (which has a mirror command) is in net
> wget (which can _also_ mirror with ftp) is in web
>
> I suggest
> Section: net
>

> fab
> --
> | fpolacco@icenet.fi    fpolacco@debian.org    fpolacco@pluto.linux.it
> | Líder Minimo del Pluto    -     Debian Developer & Happy Debian User
> | 6F7267F5 fingerprint 57 16 C4 ED C9 86 40 7B 1A 69 A1 66 EC FB D2 5E
> > more than 33 months are needed to get rid of the millennium. [me]

George Bonser
http://www.debian.org