Packages getting absorbed by other packages..

Hey, folks. I maintain the GIMP set of packages, which until version
0.99.18 consisted of a main gimp package, a required gimp-data-min
package (with separate source) and other sundry packages.

The upstream 0.99.19 version has absorbed the gimp-data-min package
into the main gimp source. To accomodate this, I added gimp-data-min
to the Conflicts:, Replaces:, and Provides: lines in debian/control:

Package: gimp
Architecture: any
Section: graphics
Conflicts: gimp-smotif, gimp-dmotif, gimp099, gimp-data-min
Replaces: gimp-smotif, gimp-dmotif, gimp099, gimp-data-min
Provides: gimp-data-min

but dpkg will not install the resultant gimp package without
--auto-deconfigure specified to let it deconfigure the old gimp
and remove the old gimp-data-min and then install the new gimp.

Am I doing something wrong, or is --auto-deconfigure going to
be required here?

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters A and R and the number 13.
"I'm calling from the plane. I'll call you when I get there." -- TMBG